These are the methods of authentication available for Informit.
Username and password
- Log in to Informit.
- Email your IP address ranges to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Customer Support Team will enter them into Informit Admin.
- Go to Informit where you will automatically be logged in, as long as your computer’s IP address is part of the range provided.
- To confirm your PC's IP address is in the range supplied, go to www.informit.org/ip-address-checker.
Referring URL authentication
- Email your referring URL to email@example.com. Our Customer Support Team will enter it into Informit Admin.
- Link to Informit from that referring URL.
- You will automatically be logged in, as long as you link from the referring page provided.
- Your organisation’s nominated administrator must provide the authentication for users to access the referring page in question.
Embedded username and password
- Link to Informit username=XXXXX; password=YYYYY.
- Where XXXXX and YYYYY are the Informit username and password for your organisation, users will automatically be logged into Informit.
- Barcode authentication allows remote users of small libraries to access Informit by using their library barcode or member number details.
- Email the barcode ranges that are unique to your organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can link to any Informit search page from your webpage as long as it ends with barcode=true;org=XXXXX
An example is:
where XXXXX is the Informit username for your organisation. You will be logged into Informit, as long as the barcode entered is valid.