Browse Index gives access to an alphabetical list of all terms in a certain field, for example, authors, subjects or titles.
Browsing is a useful way of navigating databases to find content when you do not have a specific search in mind or are unsure of spelling.
Indexes are only available from Advanced Search screen
- Click Browse Index link on Advanced Search screen page
- In the All Terms Indexed list, select the index you want
- In the Search box, type the term you want or type a single letter to go to entries beginning with that letter
- Click Browse Term
- Click Previous Terms or Next Terms to navigate through index pages
- To find all records for a single term, click the term link
- To find all records for multiple terms, select the check boxes of any terms you want, then click Search Checked
- To remove selected terms, deselect the check box of each term you want removed, then click Search Checked again
- To remove all selected terms, click Clear All Terms
Back to Main Menu