You are here
Informit Service< Back to Informit Humanities & Social Sciences Collection
Spelling: Approaches to Teaching and Assessment
Peter Westwood has completely revised and updated all chapters of his practical teaching resource on spelling. Filled with up-to-date information, references and research-based teaching methods, the second edition provides an overview of effective ways to help students develop and improve their spelling skills and strategies. Assessment is also an essential part of the effective teaching of spelling. This second edition also contains a revised and re-normed version of the original South Australian spelling test, along with a completely new, normed Form B to be used as an alternative or parallel to Form A of the South Australian Spelling Test.
Key Features of the new edition:
- All chapters have been revised and updated according to recent research findings.
- Chapter 1, Spelling: current issues and perspectives, includes recent changes in perspectives on literacy
- Chapter 4, Teaching approaches, has been expanded to include new information on teaching methods.
- Chapter 5, Methods for intervention, is a completely new chapter.
- Chapter 7, Resources for Teachers, has been updated with recent publications including a new sub-section on 'Online resources for spelling'.
- The original South Australian Spelling Test has been revised and re-normed.
- A completely new, normed, parallel form of the South Australian Spelling Test has been included.,
Connect to Informit SearchBrowse Title
Name of Publisher: ACER Press
Place of Publication: Camberwell, Vic.
Resource Type: Monograph
Publication Year: 2005
Subject Covered: Primary education; English language
Copyright: © ACER Press 2005