You are here
Informit Service< Back to Informit Humanities & Social Sciences Collection
Focus on Fathering
Focus on Fathering takes an informative and challenging look at fathering and what it means to be a father.
It discusses the fascinating, moving and often contradictory role in which Australian men find themselves as fathers and looks at issues such as:
- What is a good father these days?
- What is it fathers provide that is so influential to a child's development?
- Is fathering importantly different to mothering?
- Is it a role that a single mother or a substitute parent can take?
- What do fathers and children say?
- What do women think?
It is obvious fathers have deep feelings for their children and a natural desire to be good parents. Practitioners share their research and experiences of working with fathers and explore many aspects of fathering including the role they play in a child's life, stereotypes, issues and the pressures they face.