You are here
Informit Service< Back to Informit Business Collection
Leadershift: The Work-Life Balance Program
Leadershift promotes a work-life balance through a personal and practical program of self-leadership. It also includes a unique model that HR professionals and managers can also use as a structured professional and personal development program in any workplace.
Author Don Clayton takes the unique view that everyone is a leader. Clayton defines leadership as something every person engages in, at work, at home or in the community. This is in contrast to the learning and development view that leadership belongs at work and its special group of skills are used only by those in positions of authority. Leadershift explores three domains in which the practice of leadership takes place:
- The personal domain
- The priority people domain (family and friends)
- The professional domain
- Up-to-date ideas and tips to appraise and improve skills
- Factors wellbeing and family priorities into the workplace mix
- Defines leadership as something everyone engages in, rather than a skill only used by those in positions of authority
- Includes a planning system that will make a real difference to life objectives
- Works within an Australian context
The Leadershift program has two components:
- The Leadershift book provides a wealth of information and analysis on the personal and working lives of Australians today. Don Clayton draws on the latest research in personal development and management theories, actual case studies, his own personal and professional experience, and profiles of well-known leaders to provide a witty and engaging approach to leadership.
- The Leadershift Workbook provides information and worksheets for self-evaluation that will help readers manage and implement their personal goals in relation to work, family, friends and personal wellbeing. The Workbook is also suitable for a facilitated group-administered program about work-life balance in any workplace.
This highly original program is easy to read and implement. It will change the way people view work, family, friends and personal wellbeing.