You are here
Informit Service< Back to Informit Business Collection
Home Loan Affordability Report: Joint Quarterly Survey
The Deposit Power/REIA Home Loan Affordability Report (HLAR), released each quarter, is recognised as the most authoritative indicator of Australian home loan affordability currently available.
To ensure an accurate profile of housing affordability nationwide, HLAR incorporates data from all major lending institutions, the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Cannex Ltd. Median weekly family income figures are based on ABS Family Income Surveys, and are updated from ABS Average Weekly Earnings data.
A combination of comprehensive loan data and accurate income figures ensures a reliable affordability ratio determination.
HLAR contains the following information for Australia and each of the States and Territories:
- Home loan affordability indicator
- Median weekly family income
- Average monthly loan repayments
- Average loan
- Total number of loans
- Proportion of family income devoted to meeting average loan repayments
- Average loan, standard variable interest rate and fixed interest rate figures for banks, building societies and other lenders.