You are here
Informit Service< Back to Informit Business Collection
Australian Leadership Reader: Six Leading Australians and Their Stories, The
Of interest to ages 15 years and up and especially appropriate for use in Australian secondary and undergraduate studies, this unique book does not try to define leadership, but instead encourages the reader to fulfil that task themselves through a series of short essays on the personal and professional life of some contemporary Australians recognised nationally as aspiring leaders in their fields. A brief overview on the concept of leadership, plus a short series of questions about leadership and coping, provides a framework for individual study or group discussion. The Australian Leadership Reader presents six engagingly written leadership profiles on:
- Ann Sherry, a-stereotypical corporate CEO.
- Peter Garrett, leading rock-star-cum-environmentalist.
- Fiona Stanley, eminent, entrepreneurial scientist.
- Michael Kirby, internationally respected Supreme Court Judge.
- Larissa Behrendt, award-winning author and Indigenous leader.
- Gordon Samuels, former Governor of NSW and respected statesman.
Connect to Informit SearchBrowse Title
Name of Publisher: Australian Academic Press
Place of Publication: Bowen Hills, Qld.
Resource Type: Monograph
Publication Year: 2006
Subject Covered: Social Sciences (General); Management & public relations
Copyright: © 2006. Rests with the identified individual authors. For pp. 3-10 rests with Helen Sykes and Erica Frydenberg.